My client, a leading private bank with offices in Gibraltar, are looking for an Operations Officer to join their dynamic team here.
The candidate should have experience in a banking back office environment and have previous exposure to payments processing and the processing and booking of securities orders and mass settlements all done via the swift network.
Experience of daily transactional processing and performing 4-eye validation.
Previous experience of cash and security reconciliation processing.
The candidate will also be required to learn all of the technical aspects of booking various financial asset types and be able to analyse and fix bookings when required.
The candidate should be risk aware and have previous banking or finance CPD.
Previous experience of involvement in projects, planning & testing at any level is advantageous.
The ability to analyse and document processes as well as company directives would be advantageous.
• Processing of Payments out - checking routing details and controls and releasing to HO Basel for processing incl E-Banking
• Processing Incoming Payments
• Processing of Cheque remittances and collection
• Support Credit card setup and payment processing
• Processing of Corporate Actions including coupon and dividends processing
• Assisting with nostro and custodian Reconciliations, including QI reconciliations
• Processing of Money Market Placements and Deposits and fiduciary
• SWIFT message admin/control
• Processing of Interest Rate Swap control and monitoring
• Processing of FX Option s and Options
• Processing of Securities / Fund Transfers – DVP – DFP – RVP – RFP
• Stock Exchange Order processing and monitoring
• Futures – Variation Margin processing
• Processing of Securities Lending / Borrowing
• Client Fees – Special Condition processing
• General front office support and queries
• Liaising with HO as required
• Support any project management initiatives, including any system testing.
• Support any periodic and ad-hoc reporting.
• Assist the Head of Operations with any other tasks allocated.
• Follow the Bank’s annual training plan and program.
• Exercise duties and tasks in line with the Bank’s Directives and Governance framework.
• Depending on the level of experience the candidate has they may be required to sit an industry relevant examination.
If you have the required background & experience, please get in touch ASAP.
Stand out from the crowd - be an Awesome candidate!