The Quantity Surveyor (QS) will be part of an in-house project management team (PMO) that is responsible for the delivery of a unique portfolio of residential developments in Gibraltar and Spain.
At the PMO we are passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Our team is dynamic, proactive, and innovative. We are very proud of our PMO team depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality we deliver.
The QS will provide oversight and analysis of the PMO development projects both current and prospective and also provide assistance to the project teams as required. The group also regularly carries out small projects around the operating parts of the business for which this role will prepare the budgets and oversight of the works.
QS key tasks and responsibilities:
• able to work well within a team-based environment
• price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
• assist in establishing client’s requirements
• undertake feasibility studies
• track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
• measure and value the work done on site and arrange payments
• identify potential financial or construction risks
• advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws
• analyse completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs
• work as part of a project management team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered
QS non-key tasks and responsibilities:
Procurement / Construction Contract:
• advise on procurement strategy
• prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
• perform risk, value management and cost control
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• BSc (QS) University Degree
• Minimum 3 years quantity surveying experience (Gibraltar)
• IT literate able to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Construction Costing Software
• Good command of written and spoken English and Spanish and ideally a working knowledge of Portuguese.
If you have the required skills & experience, please get in touch ASAP.
Stand out from the crowd - be an Awesome candidate!!