EA to Chairman
This exciting new job opportunity is based in Gibraltar reporting to and working closely with the Entrepreneurial Chairman. This is a very diverse role with responsibilities that are hands on with a scope across multiple business functions in the Head Office in Gibraltar. The role of the EA is very demanding but incredibly rewarding. Previous experience as an EA or PA is essential for this role.
Outside the traditional Assistant/Secretarial duties (managing multiple calendars, coordinating complex travel reservations and booking meetings, taking calls and being the first point of contact in the office for the Chairman) lies the opportunity to get involved in ‘off the cuff’ and often urgent research tasks and duties for other departments within the group on behalf of the Chairman. This means a suitable individual for this role needs to possess an adaptive, intuitive mindset with a hands-on approach to completing tasks, even if they seem outside of the role. Also the flexibility & commitment to work outside of office hours when required.
The Chairman runs an exceptionally busy work and family life; considering this, the right EA needs to have great time-management and organisation skills, but also quality intuitive abilities to make decisions in the Chairman’s best interest without his presence. Trust and confidentiality are very critical to fulfil this role.
The candidate should demonstrate the following qualities and skills carry out the role:
• ‘A Go Getter’
• Logical thinker
• Finding the best route/solution to any request or challenge faced
• Use initiative
• Juggle priorities, adaptable to change and managing a busy schedule
• Have a good sense of humour
• Hands on and pro-active approach
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
Requirements for the role:
• Highly competent using Excel, Word and Office 365
• At least 3 years administrative experience or 2 years in a PA/Secretarial role
• Hold a full Driving License
To summarise, the main duties for this role involve:
- Managing the Chairman’s calendar effective, setting meetings and follow-ups.
- Screen phone calls for the Chairman using initiative, taking messages and redirecting to other colleagues where necessary.
- Maintain organised digital and paper-based filing system for the Chairman’s personal and professional documents.
- Co-ordinate complex travel itineraries for the Chairman and other executives and organise quarterly overseas company
meetings (either virtual or in person).
- Assistance with personal finance administration such as filing tax returns.
- Miscellaneous research for the Chairman.
If you are looking for an exciting, varied & fast paced new challenge, please get in touch ASAP.
Stand out from the crowd - be an Awesome candidate!!