My client is one of Gibraltar’s busiest private medical practices and provides primary and secondary private healthcare services. Their specialist team of over 30 accredited specialist doctors and healthcare practitioners provide a high quality and friendly service based on UK standards and evidence-based medicine.
The company is expanding its services and will soon be opening Gibraltar’s first private hospital facility which will significantly expand the current clinic footprint and will include an enlarged outpatient’s department, an 8-bed day-case operating centre and endoscopy unit, overnight beds, a radiology diagnostic unit and a sports rehabilitation centre.
Role summary: My client is now seeking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller, to join their dynamic team. The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s day to day financial management, including, but not limited to, monitoring and reconciliation of sales within our electronic medical records system (Green Cube), financial accounting in Xero, budget and forecasts preparation, management of payroll, banking and payment solutions, as well as the development of robust internal finance procedures and policies The finance controller will be actively involved in managing the company’s financial risk, and will assist with the annual auditing process.
• Manage all day-to-day finance and accounting operations including but not limited to account reconciliation and general ledger management
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for the company and practitioners
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Assist with the coordination and the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Assist in developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control
• Assist the company auditors by collating information and reports as required
• Additional financial controller duties as necessary
Requirements and skills
• Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
• 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
• ATT qualification (minimum)
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Ability to work independently
• Good interpersonal & leadership skills
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
If you have the required skills & experience, please get in touch ASAP.
Stand out from the crowd - be an Awesome candidate!